Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

The crickets have been talking about all of the things they have to be thankful for.  We are all really thankful that we can have a warm place to have our Thanksgiving feasts.  The Pilgrims were thankful that they had a successful harvest and that the Native Americans helped them to learn how to survive the harsh winters.  Yesterday we were able to watch the Circle of Courage children perform traditional Abenaki dances and songs.  We learned that in their culture you do not clap at the end of a performance, because it will make it rain, you raise your left fist and nod it saying nay, nay, nay.  I really enjoyed hearing about all of your Thanksgiving traditions and the crickets have written about them and they will be on display in our classroom.  I read a poem about my favorite tradition, the wishbone!  I am thankful to have such a wonderful first grade class and I cannot wait to share their successes with you during Parent Teacher conferences. 

15 comments:

  1. hgt
    I am thankfu for my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. b m
    I am thankful for mi cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mw
    I amthakfull for mydog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ls
    im thankful
    for mom dad plagran.

    ReplyDelete
  5. em
    I am thakful for mi dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. bb
    I am thankful for cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mm
    i and thankful for my parentss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. e m p
    I am thankful for my mom and my Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. jnt
    I am THankful for trkey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wl
    i am thankful for appl pi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. rf
    I am thankfful for going to mi grammas hous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ca
    I am thankful for mom nachr giving thes wudrfill
    foods to us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mag
    I am thankful for my mommy and daddy and nanny and lrn and gram and play and ear .

    ReplyDelete
  14. jb
    i am thankful for trkey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ms
    I am thankful fof appls.

    ReplyDelete