Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

What a wintery week it has been so far!  I hope you have all been safe in the snow.
This week the crickets and I have been talking about Martin Luther King Jr. and how he made our country see some changes that need to happen. We have talked how in our country the rules have not always been fair or equal to all people.  We have read the book The Other Side by Jacqueline Woodson.  In this story two little girls who were not supposed to play together because of their skin color decide to be friends anyway.  This helps other children to overcome their fears.  We talked about how one person can make a difference.  I asked the crickets what they thought about how things used to be.

19 comments:

  1. ca
    it was not far in the old in days martin made a good choes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ht
    I will play will zem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mg
    I dot think that it is not right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maw
    it is no faer .

    ReplyDelete
  5. KG
    wiy wrt we the sam prsin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ms
    we are all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bm
    I willl play will the zem

    ReplyDelete
  8. ep
    I think it was not fair or fun either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bb
    I think that it was no fair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jdnt
    I dont think that was far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. mm
    I think that was not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CT
    In the othin das martin mad things betr

    ReplyDelete
  13. mg
    It is not far for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. em
    I didit lic hao they mad Tar roos
    in the Odin tims.

    ReplyDelete
  15. RF
    things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wl
    theatwusnt far.

    ReplyDelete
  17. jb
    I fel bad be cuz the white and black
    pel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LS
    in the olden days he was in the United States of America and he helped change things.

    ReplyDelete